Running: 5 Warm-up Exercises
Here are some exercises to warm up and increase mobility in the lower body; this will help your running efficiency.
- Keep your back straight and shoulders back. Walk on toes, then walk back on heels. Travel 10 meters in each direction.
- Keep back straight. Bring knee up while walking. Hold for 2 seconds. Repeat with other leg. Travel 10 meters.
- Keep back straight. While walking, bring heel to buttock. Hold for 2 seconds. Repeat with other leg. Travel 10 meters.
- Keep back straight. While walking, bring knee up and pull shin to waist. Hold for 2 seconds. Repeat with other leg. Travel 10 meters.
- Walk forward. Bring left knee up to lift ankle at or near the height of right knee. Extend left leg while stepping forward. Continue alternating legs. Travel 10 meters and back.
Taking care of your mental health in occupational therapy
As you know, October is Occupational Therapy Month and the week of Octob...
What if we created a 3rd wave?
The coronavirus pandemic leaves no one indifferent. We are all affected ...
Are you getting enough sleep?
For many people, immediate changes to our daily routine and stress can i...