Skiing: Pre-ski Stretching Routine
Warm up 5 to 10 minutes (fast walking, running, jumping) prior to taking part in this routine.
All exercises should be held 20 seconds, repeated twice. Do both sides.
- Spine stretch: Lying on your back, arms in a cross and knees bent, bring your knees slowly to one side, then to the next.
- Lateral flexion of the spine: Standing, hands on either side of the body, slowly bend sideways and come back up.
- Hamstrings: Standing with a foot on an elevated surface of about 15cm, your leg straight and buttocks out to slowly arch your lower back, bend forward at the hip, maintaining back position.
- Quadriceps: standing with one hand against something or someone, grab an ankle and bring your foot up to your buttocks, keeping your knees together.
- Soleus: Standing one foot in front of the other, bend knees slowly, keeping both heels on the ground.