The ultimate goal of yoga is moksha (liberation) though the exact definition of what form this takes depends on the philosophical or theological system with which it is conjugated.
Yoga has five principal meanings:
1. yoga as a disciplined method for attaining a goal;
2. yoga as techniques of controlling the body and the mind;
3. yoga as a name of one of the schools or systems of philosophy;
4. yoga in connection with other words, referring to traditions specialising in particular techniques of yoga;
5. yoga as the goal of yoga practice.