Mathieu Poirier Physiotherapist, Owner
I'm available at this clinic: Saint-Jérôme
Mathieu obtained a Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy from the University of Ottawa in 2006. He previously completed a year in kinesiology at the University of Montreal in 2001. He is co-owner of the ASP clinics in St-Jérôme and Blainville and a member in good standing of the Ordre professionnel de la physiothérapie du Québec (OPPQ). Since his graduation, Mathieu has never ceased to show an interest in sports medicine.
Over the years, his interest in running has allowed him to develop an expertise in the prevention of running-related injuries. Mathieu is a certified expert 2.0 of the Running Clinic, the most advanced course available in the running health field. In order to share his knowledge, he has given several conferences on new concepts related to injury prevention and offers a biomechanical analysis service at the clinic to runners of all levels.
In addition to running, Mathieu continues to perfect his knowledge through multiple continuing education courses. In particular, he has taken courses to help people with jaw problems (TMJ) and works in collaboration with several dentists in the region for referrals of patients with jaw pain or dysfunctions. He has been teaching physical therapists wishing to further their knowledge of jaw-related problems since 2018 as an assistant in the Introduction to TMJ Disorders Level 1 course. He is also certified by CCMI (Complete Concussion Management) to manage people with concussions.
Over time, his hands-on experience in the field has varied:
- Head Physiotherapist of the St-Jerome Panthers, 2007 to 2009 (Junior AAA field hockey)
- Head physiotherapist for the provincial soccer tournament in the Laurentians, 2006 and 2007
- physiotherapist Cheminots of the Cégep de St-Jérôme, 2006 to 2010
- Senior physiotherapist Montreal Marathon, 2010 to 2015
- Physiotherapist coordinator medical clinic Montreal Marathon 2017 and 2018
- Senior physiotherapist Tremblant Half Ironman, 2012 to 2018 editions
- Senior physiotherapist Ironman Tremblant, 2012 to 2018 editions
- Senior Physiotherapist Half Ironman World Championships, 2014
- captain rehabilitation department half Ironman and Ironman Tremblant 2016 to 2018
- Head Physiotherapist for the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) for the Ultimate Fighter Nations: Canada vs. Australia" (UFC TUF Nations) TV series, 2013-14
- Head Physiotherapist for the field hockey TV series "Hit The Ice 4'", 2015
- Physiotherapist consultant for the TV show "Maigrir pour gagner" aired on Canal Vie in 2016
- Physiotherapist consultant for the film 1:54 by Yan England in 2016
- head physiotherapist for various local sporting events (mainly running events), such as Sportriple, Défi courir pour secourir, Le Tour du Massif, Courir à notre santé, Au Rythme du Nord, Je cours pour ma cour.