Skiing: Pre-ski Stretching Routine
Warm up 5 to 10 minutes (fast walking, running, jumping) prior to taking part in this routine.
All exercises should be held 20 seconds, repeated twice. Do both sides.
- Spine stretch: Lying on your back, arms in a cross and knees bent, bring your knees slowly to one side, then to the next.
- Lateral flexion of the spine: Standing, hands on either side of the body, slowly bend sideways and come back up.
- Hamstrings: Standing with a foot on an elevated surface of about 15cm, your leg straight and buttocks out to slowly arch your lower back, bend forward at the hip, maintaining back position.
- Quadriceps: standing with one hand against something or someone, grab an ankle and bring your foot up to your buttocks, keeping your knees together.
- Soleus: Standing one foot in front of the other, bend knees slowly, keeping both heels on the ground.
Taking care of your mental health in occupational therapy
As you know, October is Occupational Therapy Month and the week of Octob...
What if we created a 3rd wave?
The coronavirus pandemic leaves no one indifferent. We are all affected ...
Are you getting enough sleep?
For many people, immediate changes to our daily routine and stress can i...