Skiing: Pre-ski Stretching Routine
Warm up 5 to 10 minutes (fast walking, running, jumping) prior to taking part in this routine.
All exercises should be held 20 seconds, repeated twice. Do both sides.
- Spine stretch: Lying on your back, arms in a cross and knees bent, bring your knees slowly to one side, then to the next.
- Lateral flexion of the spine: Standing, hands on either side of the body, slowly bend sideways and come back up.
- Hamstrings: Standing with a foot on an elevated surface of about 15cm, your leg straight and buttocks out to slowly arch your lower back, bend forward at the hip, maintaining back position.
- Quadriceps: standing with one hand against something or someone, grab an ankle and bring your foot up to your buttocks, keeping your knees together.
- Soleus: Standing one foot in front of the other, bend knees slowly, keeping both heels on the ground.
Running in Winter: What to Wear?
With the cold weather just around the corner, it can become harder to go...
Skiing and Snowboarding: Preventing Injuries
Skiing and snowboarding are great activities to keep fit and have fun. H...
Goodbye 2019, welcome 2020!
At the beginning of every new year, I’ve gotten into the habit of review...