Hockey and Skating: 5 Warm-up Exercises
Here is a series of exercises to get your muscles ready for your skating or hockey session.
If possible, you can do 5 to 10 minutes of cardio beforehand. First, do the exercises slowly for a period of 30 seconds or about 20 repetitions. Then, increase in a more dynamic manner for an additional 30 seconds or 20 repetitions.
- Do a side flexion on each side.
- From a standing position, bring one knee up to the opposite elbow, while doing a trunk rotation. Alternate sides.
- While keeping your back straight, bend forward from the hips and back up.
- In a wide stance, transfer your body from side to side. Keep your arm forward for balance.
- Do lateral jumps side to side to imitate a skating movement.