Cassie Desjardins Physiotherapist
I'm available at this clinic: Saint-Jérôme
Cassie is a physical therapist who graduated from the University of Sherbrooke with a Master's degree in May 2019. During her university career, Cassie has always made sure to specialize in her fields of interest, particularly sports. This passion for sports, especially team sports, allowed her to play for the Sherbrooke Vert et Or women's soccer team in 2015. During her studies, she also took several training courses in order to sharpen her knowledge of sports:
- First responder sports training (March 2018)
- Intensive course in sports physiotherapy (April 2018)
- Advanced musculoskeletal practices, where she received her certification in peripheral manipulations (April 2019)
Cassie has been a part of the Action Sport Physio team since September 2018, where she first developed as an intern. As part of this internship, Cassie has been involved with various events and organizations, allowing her to gain a rich and diverse field experience:
- Member of the first aid team at the Montreal Rock&Roll Marathon in September 2018
- Co-therapist for the D1 and D2 field hockey teams of the Cap-Jeunesse Cougars
- Coverage of AAA soccer games with the St-Jerome Ambassadors
Since her graduation, Cassie has made a point of continuing to get involved with the community and to further her knowledge in several areas. She completed a training course on the Prevention of Running Injuries in July 2019, allowing her to analyze and advise runners who want to improve their performance or enhance their running technique. Cassie has also developed an interest in concussion management in athletes, as well as in the general population with chronic issues. Following extensive training on the subject, Cassie has received her CCMI (Complete Concussion Management) certification and is now able to manage this clientele.
For any pain or injury, Cassie will guide you
towards an effective rehabilitation given her patient-centered approach and
adapted to each individual's goals.